fredag 29. oktober 2010

TRAVEL BLOG

TRAVELBLOG FROM JAMAICA part 1

Today I went to a Jamaican history museum. I learned that Jamaica have been colonized by both Spain and England and that there has been a lot of slavery. Several times the slaves have tried to make revolution, but it failed everytime and the slaves were heavily punished. But after many years the slaves finally got their freedom. 
        I also learned what the Jamaican flag symbolizes. It consists of three colors: green, black and yellow. The green represents hope for the future and farming. The black represents the power and creativity of the people. The yellow represents the sunlight the national wealth. 
        Later I went to a local resturant. There I had a spiecy beef with beans, which is a typical jamaican dish. 

I can´t wait till tomorrow.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar